Thank you for your interest in volunteering! ChickTech only happens because of dedicated and passionate volunteers. Join the hundreds of people working nationwide to bring gender diversity to the technology industry! Simply fill out this form to get started.
Without diversity, technology will never reach its full potential. We need new people with new ideas creating it. Help us give girls and women an equal say in our future!
Our Current Volunteer Needs
We are looking for people to join the local leadership team and help us create an amazing, impactful group in our area. If you want to lead change and add strong leadership experience to your resume, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
High School Program Team
- Finance Volunteer : This opportunity is an integral role within the ChickTech Charlotte chapter. This person supports and assists the chapter finance director in managing all policies and procedures related to chapter fundraising and expenditure.
- Fundraising Coordinator : The individual in this role will assist in fundraising tasks involving identifying, recruiting and onboarding of corporate and individual donors. Additionally, this position will assist in the grant solicitation process.
- Social Media Administrator : This opportunity will allow you to fully utilize your communication skills to empower and enlighten women in tech. The Social Media Administrator will work with the leadership team to develop social media campaigns, overall messaging, and social media engagement for the chapter.
- Event Coordinator : This person assists the Career Development Director in managing all career development events and the ChickTech Charlotte Meetup group. This person will help plan future events that educate the local tech talent and use feedback to develop the career development program.
- Career Development Volunteer : This person supports events on the day of with things like setup, running the sign-in table, tear down, and any other event support required to create an engaging event.
High School Program Leadership
- High School Communications Coordinator : This person provides community connection for the ChickTech High School program. This role is responsible for the program’s success by initializing and maintaining connections to local high schools by gathering nominations for our program and providing insights into how best to meet the needs of the local community with the services we offer.
- Workshop and Activities Manager : This person provides guidance and leadership for ChickTech’s High School program workshops and activities. This role is responsible for the program’s success through oversight, planning and thorough understanding of how to best teach semi-technical information.
High School Event Volunteers
- Workshop Volunteer : This person is vital to the success of ChickTech’s High School program workshops and activities. This role is responsible for providing hands-on, educational activities during our high school program kickoff and/or following workshops.
- High School Program Volunteer : This person supports the workshops and high school events by providing support for event setup, teardown, registration, transportation for the girls to/from the event, and any other tasks regarding the high school program.