Thank you for your interest in volunteering! ChickTech only happens because of dedicated and passionate volunteers. Join the hundreds of people working nationwide to bring gender diversity to the technology industry! Simply fill out this form to get started.
Without diversity, technology will never reach its full potential. We need new people with new ideas creating it. Help us give girls and women an equal say in our future!
Our Current Volunteer Needs
- Event Coordinator: This person assists the Career Development Director in managing all career development events and the ChickTech Charlotte Meetup group. This person will help plan future events to educate the local tech community and further develop the career development program by assisting with defining topics, speakers, locations, food, and sponsors. This is a shared position and may include day-of-event support.
- ACT-W Conference Organizer: This person partners with the Chapter Director, Career Development Director, and the National ACT-W Conference Coordinator to coordinate and host a one-to-two-day conference designed to bring together talented tech women and allies from beginning programmers to senior developers and help them network, grow their skills, and discover great employers.
High School Program Volunteers
- 2019/2020 High School Program Director: This person oversees the high school program team (workshops lead, communications lead, etc.) through kickoff and monthly workshops in completing activities. Works effectively with Chapter leadership team (Chapter Director, Volunteer Director, social media lead, logistics lead, and others) to ensure HS needs are met for the year-long program. Attends regular leadership team meetings. Regularly meets with HS team to ensure cohort is delivered the best program from start to finish.
- High School Communications Coordinator: This person provides community connection for the ChickTech High School program. This role is responsible for the program’s success by initializing and maintaining connections to local high schools by gathering nominations for our program and providing insights into how best to meet the needs of the local community with the services we offer.
- Event Day-of Volunteer: This person is vital to the success of ChickTech’s High School program workshops and activities. This role is responsible for providing hands-on, educational activities during our high school program kickoff and the following workshops, held monthly throughout the school year. Activities include providing support for event setup, teardown, registration, transportation for the girls to/from the event, and any other tasks regarding the high school workshop events.
- High School Program Volunteer: This person supports one or more functions of the high school program including communications, event coordination, and volunteer coordination. These volunteers can choose the area in which they want to focus, and will assist with the activities associated with the focus area they choose. Focus areas include:
- Volunteer coordination
- Event coordination
- Communications (teacher outreach, public event support, etc.)
- Workshop & Activities coordination
Fundraising & Finances
- Fundraising Coordinator: The individual in this role will assist in fundraising tasks involving identifying, recruiting and onboarding of corporate and individual donors. Additionally, this position will assist in the grant solicitation process.
- Fundraising Volunteer: Supports the Fundraising Coordinator by assisting with writing grant applications, following up on sponsorship leads, sending thank yous, and supporting fundraising events.